An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Yes blue wire, enable message, kick start and off you go...
To attempt to start the scooter I pull the blue wire high, then the controller comes to live (starts spitting out serial data every second), and then I send the 0x61 command. Nothing happens. No dashboard errors, no funny broadcast, no physical sounds or motion, nothing. I have tried other command combinations as well, didn't find a fix.
Versions report as hardware LIS01_HW_1.0.3_20181016000000, firmware LIS01_FW_1.8.3_201907250912XX.
Yeah, that is quite recent FW. I am afraid, that this command may be left as a "decoy" , unless someone with this FW version can confirm they got it working? Do you have some photos of the actual controller? I assume, that the manufacturer of the controller may have changed (because of the different string at the beggining, or just LImeScooter?...)
Ok so I feel both stupid and happy at the same time. Turns out that my hack worked all along, but that I wasn't using the scooter properly. I was pushing the throttle early, then brought the scooter up to speed by foot expecting the motor to kick in. Turns out you have to leave the throttle alone, but first speed up by foot and once it is up to speed, and *only then*, you can hit the throttle. So in short, the scooter works just fine after sending the 0x61 command. Even with the above recent firmware.

So after feeling like a 1337 h4x0r wielding solder and C code, I am now back to feeling like a stupid user, but with a working scooter :-D Many thanks for the help!
Black beard wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:56 am
And my help is saying there is a much simpler way it involves elements of illegality that i feel would breach rules
I do not get why to brag about something you are not willing to share. Sounds like kindergarten level logic. If you are not going to share it, then keep it to yourself. If you are going to share, then just do it without bragging. You know that by doing what you are doing you are pushing others that might be capable to figure it out and most likely share it publicly? I did the decoding pushed by something like that...

Hmm... but maybe it is a good idea if you do not have a magical solution... Make others think that it exists and they will find it and share it :D

And I do not get how it could be illegal to do something on a legally obtained scooter?
blurmeanie223 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:30 pm
hi guys my friend has one of these lime scooters and uses this v1nano with amtel 328b there is also what looks like a step up buck converter its a plug and play solution that I'd like a bit more info on I have a xilinx platform 2 cable I use as a cpld programmer a altera usb blaster and the old elcheapo USBavr programmer I want to source the sketch for it or at least get a good read from it I assume avrdude would be my friend in this instance. as for iscp header on the nano clk gnd miso mosi 5v are sorted I'm just scratching my head on the reset pin any info would be much appreciated on that one. I don't really want to hook up the logic analyzer and start from scratch
Your friend has this device, but your friend does not have the sketch? Sounds sketchy :D So someone is selling these "solutions"?
If it is in Arduino, then simply do a readback through Arduino bootloader. You will at least have a HEX or a BIN to use in your clone. Maybe... But if the author is smart he might have removed the bootloader and put a lock on the atmega. At least that is what I would do if I would be selling these... Then it is impossible to do a readback... Sorry "Impossible", but still would not be worth it...
ZipperZ wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:19 am
Black beard wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:56 am
And my help is saying there is a much simpler way it involves elements of illegality that i feel would breach rules
I do not get why to brag about something you are not willing to share. Sounds like kindergarten level logic. If you are not going to share it, then keep it to yourself. If you are going to share, then just do it without bragging. You know that by doing what you are doing you are pushing others that might be capable to figure it out and most likely share it publicly? I did the decoding pushed by something like that...

Hmm... but maybe it is a good idea if you do not have a magical solution... Make others think that it exists and they will find it and share it :D

And I do not get how it could be illegal to do something on a legally obtained scooter?
You answer your own question why say? Show there is a way, motivate people,activate people^^^^lol like I said I didn't realise it was such an enigma I played round for a couple of weeks and figured it out pretty quick it's mainly to do with the 06e error code lol there you go that's a massive hint
:o :o

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]