An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:35 pm
I've tested the new rev 0.2b Hex and it seems to work but not for 100%. I've found som critical failures like D5 is trying to pulse Vcc to the ground shorted button when activating and deactivating causing a short crash on all signals (visible in the .........
-Thank you very much for your answer. It's good to hear that it works for now... and especially thanks for your explanation to the buffer problem... i'll have to say that I have to take me my time to understand what you said but it's already remarked for reading it when I've got time for that.

I could imagine that these "Spikes" could have to reasons: an additional Installed Part behind of the glue which drops the voltage a bit harder... (maybe an condensator??) or the speaker is causing this problem... anyway... I don't want to spent too much time with this problem, The reset button is in this state just an step between the final result...
Aslong as the arduinos are not breaking It's just more comfortable then always plugging and unplugging the GPS Box.

-I've added an new shematic for the wiring and I#ll hope it's now better readable and without so much failures... (sorry for forgetting to add an DC-DC converter in the drawing... This is my very first "project" and I#m doing so much things for the first time at the moment :D, theres an big difference between making notes for myself and making notes for you :D

-I will reupload "Bastis Mod 0.2" in an few minutes with the upload.hex I've given Rick for Testing.

- I will start today preparing the fritzing shematic for "Bastis Mod 0.3" which will already have an NFC support in an advanced workwise

- Infos about "Bastis Mod 0.3":
- I will use the RC522 NFC Kits buyable on ebay amazon and so on... Take the Kit with one chip and one card...
- Even the first version will have an "Teach In" you will have to put at first your keychip to the scooter, you will hear an acknowledge sound, then you will have to hold the chipcard to the nfc port, this will be the master key where you can restart the teach in with...
- the first version will only support one chipkey and one chipcard in the future i am already preparing it so that we can use ~3keys and one mastercard.
- in the first version I will just check the uuid of the nfc chip and check if it's allowed or not for this key to unlock the scooter. At some point we will generate an shorthash code which will be written in an specified period of time/logins to make it more safe against someone reading out the nfc chip.
- Maybe: errorcodes inside these hashed codes which can be decompiled by an arduino / ios app to see if there are any errors on the scooter and/or the arduino. But this if science fiction music :mrgreen: .

this is it so far... some of you can imagine how much work this is to code so please give me some of your day or time... 24hrs and as an maximum 2hrs a day is not enough :lol:.

Cheers,
Sebastian
Dear Basti,
All these I and Yous' in your letter... My letter was an open letter to everyone. I was not talking to one person. My hope is to keep moving us forward to a common goal. And not create a group of people who squirrel away all their nuts while all the rest of us squirrels starve. I hear so much crying in so many peoples letter about being too busy to work. That is one of the reasons why GitHub was created, so other people can move a project forward while some people are living their real lives. Just imagine how rich Linux Torvaldi, and Nikola Tesla could have been if only they keep their ideas secret. If it is credit you wanted, you only needed to have placed a Open Source GPl license on it(i.e gnu.org) The credit would have been place there instantly, just like the Good people at Adafruit do on all of their open source hardware, programs, and libraries. Myself I happen to work closely with some kind people at Particle.io who's company is completely open source and are making money hand over fist. We all are wasting great deal of money and time on these projects together. Let's make it some thing we can all be proud of.

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”

― Nikola Tesla
basti256 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:25 am
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:30 pm
What is with everybody not sharing their work? We are all here for the same reasons and without sharing we can't make the cause of putting it to the man, work. There is this idea invented by someone wiser than me called open source, if you make it open source, everyone is able to share our hard work and it will help us all move forward together.
Who care if some spineless dill hole wants to sell some rip off piece of monkey fluff. For more than he ever put into it.
If we share the knowledge we bring the price down and no one want to buy their silly little junk. We are only helping these cheese balls get rich off our hard work but keep the secrets to our selves. So Im begging you not to let limp d$#k win and put your wisdom out here our we all lose in the end.

Honey,
I don't know where exactly is the problem now... I had the feeling I'm sharing enough from my idea over my time/ money and so on. I appreciate that you posted your .ino sketch on hackaday.io I am sure everyone loves what you did (I am serious).
Please accept my decission that i don't want to share my code as an .ino sketch... all the rest I'm sharing with everyone... I could have also have done it for myself and then noone would have anything... Or you all could buy these modules for an stupid mount of money... . We both know that we don't "have" to do what we're doing here, developing for other people.
The only reason why I am doing this is the fact that already I had luck with some projects when another one shared his knwoledge in the WWW as good as he could so I was able to rebuild it...

Ask other open source projects for there whole source code. 99% of them are not sharing the whole source code with the rest of the world. And if users share some snippets of the source code the topics will be directly deleted by the thread owner. I always say: Please share your findings through my script with the rest of the world, this is what will help people. Copy & Paste is too easy and no one is learning anything.

Another example: I've read ??your?? post at Hackaday.io at first: Respect for this awesome and Detailed Tutorial.
But have you said by ONE word who found out the trick? No, you didn't. This is exactly why I don't share the code itseld. If I would have shared it as code, I am very sure I would find my code now there attached as an .ino file. And because I haven't shared my code I find YOUR code attached to YOUR tutorial.
Your sketch is good and working, even when I have made it completely different, both ways bring it's way to success and I#ve learned something: Think easier and not so complicated.

So again to everyone: Please accept my/our/ everyones decission how they handle their code. It's their built, it's their product.

Cheers and an drunken Friday,
Sebastian
@MrSpriggs1 like or hate our decisions but this is not just our profession it is our little hobby in our own little world. For example I'm an electronics engineer by heart and not just for a living but I rule my little world usually in analog, I just scratched on the surface of AVRs only a few hours and on ESP node MCUs only a few Minutes in my life. Yes I got it to work on an ESP and even I had to read bastis bytes with some reengineering for it and did not go all the way through bruteforcing with a lot of effort like he did (Thanks by the way for all@basti256 ). Publishing my code would be like sending me in a club full of professional dancers and forcing me to dance making a fool of myself (And by the way, Rick's make Mortys dance, not the other way around). I published everything including unlock and lock sequence in a way that every living beeing that is able to read and understands a fairy bit of electronics is now able after a few minutes to simply get his own lock and unlock success and write his/her/its own way in source to control it because I knew that not everyone is blessed with the equipment I've got. But if that what we already posted is not key enough for somebody getting a success this is not his/her/its level of discussing productive with us......or like I call it a "society input filter" .....and I like my contact to society like my coffee "short, cold, only a few cups on high noon, filtered and with the lowest count of Jerrys possible" even if I appear like an a*****e with it (Rick's don't care about that but we are not mad by nature ;) )
And now excuse me it is friday and I'm preparing to get rickeddy wrecked in a new city tonight "Buuuurrrbbb" Cheers :mrgreen:
Hello everyone,
I am new here, and to scooter mod. :D

First, I'd like to congratulate @basti256 on his hard work coming to a functional mod, and thank everyone else investing their time and sharing their progress.

I have an "original Dott" (not the new ones) that looks based on Electisan F350, and I'm currently trying to figure out how the IoT/GPS module communicates with the main controller to unlock the scooter.

(IoT module of my "original Dott")

But first, I see everybody talking about ES100/200/400 B/D/G etc, I feel very dumb asking this, but how do you figure out the model/serie of the scooter ? I've been reading the forum for a week on many threads but couldn't find a way to determine. Mine says "ES90" on the front of the battery pack.

Back to the interesting stuff, I ordered an Arduino Nano to test if Sebastian's solution works for me :)
In the meantime, I'm thinking of trying out the same with a Raspberry Pi, and would love to implement my own solution since it's more fun, and I love programming/electronics.
I understand and respect that people want to keep source code and details to themselves, but since I don't have access to a Logic Analyser / scope or any lab equipment besides a multimeter, I'm trying my shot at getting at least a little guidance :D

From what I think I understood so far: (correct me if I'm wrong)

IoT unlocks/locks the scooter by sending a sequence of signals over the green wire
It's kept unlocked by repeating the unlock signal regularly
Protocol is UART at 9600 baud (Or is it another protocol ?)
I've read about CRC, is it appended to the unlock sequence ?
Any use of getting RX from the scooter, or is it optional ?

I'm arriving a little late since we already have a functional solution, but my field of study is programming and computer architecture, I'd love to be of some help to implement or improve anything.

@basti256 , just a tiny thing or your breadboard drawing, you connected the VCC lines coming from the stepdown converter to GND of the Arduino and vice-versa :lol: Most people would probably notice it when building the project but just saying :)
So after a bunch of time painting my new pretty scooter.
I found out you only need these 5 hex numbers to make it light up and go. Now how do you go fast?
Code: Select all
#include <Arduino.h>

int powerPin = 5;
byte messageA[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x10, 0x14, 0xCF};
byte messageB[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x11, 0x14, 0x0B};
byte messageC[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x15, 0x14, 0x30};

void setup() {
  // initialize Serial1:
  Serial1.begin(9600);

pinMode(powerPin, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(powerPin, HIGH);

}

void loop() {
  delay(500);
  Serial1.write(messageC, sizeof(messageC));
}
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:29 pm
I found out you only need these 5 hex numbers to make it light up and go. Now how do you go fast?
#include <Arduino.h>

int powerPin = 5;

void setup() {
  // initialize Serial1:
  Serial1.begin(9600);

}

void loop() {
  delay(500);
  Serial1.write(messageC, sizeof(messageC));
}
hello and thank you for sharing the result of your work, I wanted to know on which ESC you used this code, I have a ESC100 of the company bird but it does not work on

thank you and good luck
opcode wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:17 am
Hello everyone,
I am new here, and to scooter mod. :D

First, I'd like to congratulate @basti256 on his hard work coming to a functional mod, and thank everyone else investing their time and sharing their progress.

I have an "original Dott" (not the new ones) that looks based on Electisan F350, and I'm currently trying to figure out how the IoT/GPS module communicates with the main controller to unlock the scooter.

(IoT module of my "original Dott")

But first, I see everybody talking about ES100/200/400 B/D/G etc, I feel very dumb asking this, but how do you figure out the model/serie of the scooter ? I've been reading the forum for a week on many threads but couldn't find a way to determine. Mine says "ES90" on the front of the battery pack.

Back to the interesting stuff, I ordered an Arduino Nano to test if Sebastian's solution works for me :)
In the meantime, I'm thinking of trying out the same with a Raspberry Pi, and would love to implement my own solution since it's more fun, and I love programming/electronics.
I understand and respect that people want to keep source code and details to themselves, but since I don't have access to a Logic Analyser / scope or any lab equipment besides a multimeter, I'm trying my shot at getting at least a little guidance :D

From what I think I understood so far: (correct me if I'm wrong)

IoT unlocks/locks the scooter by sending a sequence of signals over the green wire
It's kept unlocked by repeating the unlock signal regularly
Protocol is UART at 9600 baud (Or is it another protocol ?)
I've read about CRC, is it appended to the unlock sequence ?
Any use of getting RX from the scooter, or is it optional ?

I'm arriving a little late since we already have a functional solution, but my field of study is programming and computer architecture, I'd love to be of some help to implement or improve anything.

@basti256 , just a tiny thing or your breadboard drawing, you connected the VCC lines coming from the stepdown converter to GND of the Arduino and vice-versa :lol: Most people would probably notice it when building the project but just saying :)

hi the ESC is show on the controller
Well, I see my mistake Im working with an Adafruit feather M0 not a Nano. You might want to remove the one from Serial1. Here is a correction below. Im not going to make any promises but hopefully it might help. You might have to get a logic analyzer and hook up to the GPS
electricool wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:34 pm
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:29 pm
#include <Arduino.h>

int powerPin = 5;

void setup() {
  // initialize Serial:
  Serial.begin(9600);

}

void loop() {
  delay(500);
  Serial.write(messageC, sizeof(messageC));
}
hello and thank you for sharing the result of your work, I wanted to know on which ESC you used this code, I have a ESC100 of the company bird but it does not work on

thank you and good luck

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]