An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By thisisstan85
For anyone wondering about the battery:

The battery charger connector has 5 pin battery charger terminals.2 pin for rated 20Amp current and 3 pin for 2Amp rated current.This 5 pin power connector/5 pin waterproof connector is used for battery charger connector and as ebike battery connector.It has IP66 waterproof capacity,the waterproof power cord connector can be used for e-mobility such as ebike battery connector or called ebike power connector,also for outdoor cable connector as its good performance on waterproof.
This is battery discharging connector with 2 pin main power wires and 3 pin signal wires for communication with battery BMS.This is a screw locking version battery connector with gold surface on the pins makes sure the efficient current&signal transportation from battery to drive unit.This can also be used on battery discharging connection.
By bigredrobot
basti256 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:59 am
El cesse wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:49 am
BE CAUTION... Found this
https://scooter-unlock.eu , is this legit, can someone please explain if it is possible?

Regards
wow.... Good find.
I thin this makes my work useless :lol: 60€ is an pretty good price for an full working end user friendly solution... I think i've spent more than 20hrs til now and I'm still away from an usable solution :roll:
I also found this site and reached out to see if I can join the testing program for my Jump “tank” scooter from the impound. Looks promising!
By screwyourscrew
thisisstan85 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:17 am
For anyone wondering about the battery: [...]
Thanks for the detailed schematics!
For the 5 pin charging connector I found that only the two main power wires actually connect to the charger port on the outside, the other 3 are left unconnected, so I assume they are not that important.

However do you have any info on the 3 signal wires on the connector going to the motor driver? Escpecially what kind of commands would I need to send to be able to draw current from the battery for longer than a couple of seconds?
Or in general what kind of communication (protocol etc.) is going on between the motor controller and the battery?

In a few weeks hopefully I will have my logic analyser again, then I'll try Bastis hack to get the whole thing running and if it works I will try to anaylse the communication between the motor controller and the battery.
By thisisstan85
I think the website described it incorrectly calling it charmig port.

That is the connector between motor and battery and not battery and charger
By floow1705
basti256 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:21 pm
It's alive!

First Picture is attached ;)

But: I think this works only for the ES-200G not the B series!

So It's done! Now i need some sleep for the lost last 15 days :D

It's running on an iI don't know ~7year old crappy arduino with my notebook as an power supply, so I will not say "it's working" :D

But I can already "drive" (let the motor spin)
how are you doing with that project basti ? the code could be usefull :D
By UgloBuglo
floow1705 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:18 pm
how are you doing with that project basti ? the code could be usefull :D
Are you for real?

There's a 50+ page thread about this in this very forum :roll:
By draculauto
For those who do not read the basti topic
Code arduino nano for es200B.
Last edited by draculauto on Tue May 12, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Joker1271
screwyourscrew wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:33 pm
Did you also figure out the communication between the motor controller and the battery?
I would like to use it for a different project, but the chip inside the battery cuts of the power after a couple of seconds if I draw more than a few milliamps.
I'm guessing you have to send something over the 3 data wires, but I don't have a logic analyser here right now to see whats going on.
I think you could always go the brute force way and rip open the battery case and bypass the chip, but as you mentioned everything is covered in black goo and I'm guessing this would bypass the BMS as well (which I would like to keep). (Plus the battery is such a nicely sealed package I would hat to destroy that).

Additionally: The charging port just has plus and minus, so I'm assuming all the charging intelligence is within the battery controller and the charger just supplies a constant voltage. Can anybody confirm this?
Hi!
I discovered the same! Please let us know if you or someone else find a solution!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]