An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By BadAndy
I just finished flashing Spin dash but have not flashed the controller yet. Is it normal for the dash to not show proper battery level and not power off until the controller is properly flashed?
By Sc00tr
BadAndy wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:32 pm
I just finished flashing Spin dash but have not flashed the controller yet. Is it normal for the dash to not show proper battery level and not power off until the controller is properly flashed?
Yes, sometimes it will do that.
By UnicycleSanta
BadAndy wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:32 pm
How are you planning to flash the controller? Do you have specific tutorial you are going to follow? Thats the part im getting stuck on.
By BadAndy
I'm researching several posts and videos, most have been listed here or are linked to them. I had to order another st link as it took at zap from another projects capacitor. I should be back in business Sunday when it arrives. I will let you know how it goes.

https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/vi ... f=26&t=213

Below is an older Ninebot controller how to video but should still be some what relevent.

https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/vi ... f=26&t=213
By UnicycleSanta
Ordered dash replacement from AliExpress. In the meantime I gotta figure out how to correctly wire the controller to the dash connector to avoid frying the dash and to have proper functionality. Also gotta figure out how to flash the BMS... I haven't seen too much on that one.
By CapnBio
I have a max from spin, I'm waiting on a replacement cable, I already ordered an esc and dash, but I'm waiting on the cable to drive, when I got the dash and esc and connected it, I got an error 16 every time I turned it on, but I was able to connect to it no problem with Bluetooth and it said it was an accelerator problem. I'm waiting on the cable to come in so I can try again. I'll keep you guys posted.

Reason why I ordered a new esc and dash is because I fried them both by doing something stupid. No need to explain with pliers in my hands and keeping certain things connected :lol:
By UnicycleSanta
Figured out how to flash the BMS, proper wiring, flashing the dash, and flashing the ESC. Now to do all of these things and report back. Once I get this running I will make an easy to follow comprehensive guide on how to convert Lyft scooters.
By landshark
Can the stock throttle be used by a generic motor controller?

I just want to know if I have to order a throttle as well. When I get it running, I promise to come back with some top speed GPS readings :mrgreen:
By Sc00tr
Stock throttle works with clone controllers.
landshark wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:21 am
Can the stock throttle be used by a generic motor controller?

I just want to know if I have to order a throttle as well. When I get it running, I promise to come back with some top speed GPS readings :mrgreen:

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]