An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Excellent! Very well laid out.

For me while flashing the BMS, when I put it together, sometimes the battery wouldn't turn on and so the scooter wouldn't either. All I had to do is "jump start" it by plugging in the charger and everything would wake up.
Last edited by meister_sd on Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meister_sd wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:47 pm
Excellent! Very well laid out.

For me while flashing the BMS, when I put it together, sometimes the batter wouldn't turn on and so the scooter wouldn't either. All I had to do is "jump start" it by plugging in the charger and everything would wake up.
Knew there was something I forgot, I had the same issue. Another thing that worked for me is the BMS has a small reset button on it. I held this for ~10 seconds and it reset the BMS and restored functionality. I will add these to the guide!
I just read through the tutorial in more detail and our Lyft cable from the dashboard to the ESC is different. The one on the left is my original Lyft cable where the one on the right is my re-wired cable. The green wire on my Lyft cable is the 35v line blowing boards, so I just taped it off to the side and the blue is the new green.
meister_sd wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:46 pm
I just read through the tutorial in more detail and our Lyft cable from the dashboard to the ESC is different. The one on the left is my original Lyft cable where the one on the right is my re-wired cable. The green wire on my Lyft cable is the 35v line blowing boards, so I just taped it off to the side and the blue is the new green.
Exactly, this kinda thing is bound to happen. This is why in the guide I did not go by wire color for the plug, just the continuity and pinout coming from the dash. What you need to do is follow the red/black/green/blue from the dash and find which wires they lead to at the connector you are showing. From there you can put them in the right spots at the plug based on the wiring diagram I posted.
BLE555 is not necessary anymore now that the encryption has been broken.

STLinking it to a dash often results in the dash no longer being able to be flashed over IAP or over BLE, and the only way to update it will be by STLinking again.

If you have a windows computer or Xaioflasher on android, flash 1.1.0 FULL instead of 555 as it will allow you to still update.
Sc00tr wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:15 am
BLE555 is not necessary anymore now that the encryption has been broken.

STLinking it to a dash often results in the dash no longer being able to be flashed over IAP or over BLE, and the only way to update it will be by STLinking again.

If you have a windows computer or Xaioflasher on android, flash 1.1.0 FULL instead of 555 as it will allow you to still update.
Was not aware of this, will look into it and update the guide as needed!
What's the update with the encryption being broken? Am I able to just remove the C2 capacitor and flash with the the 1.1.0 firmware with Xaio flasher?

Then just keep following the rest of the steps? Or does everything else proceed to be flashed with Xaio or windows?

Also after all is done am I able to just update it with custom firmware settings?
All stock max firmware’s have encryption. The only max firmware that doesn’t is ble555 but that one has its own issues specifically that it messes up something to do with flashing and you will have to use an stlink to remove it if you flash it.

Just use xaioflasher or ninebotflasher on windows and wait until esdowng and the other apps support encryption.
NTWM wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:45 am
What's the update with the encryption being broken? Am I able to just remove the C2 capacitor and flash with the the 1.1.0 firmware with Xaio flasher?

Then just keep following the rest of the steps? Or does everything else proceed to be flashed with Xaio or windows?

Also after all is done am I able to just update it with custom firmware settings?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]