An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By BionicAndroid
Nothing I just downloaded these apps on both an iPhone Xs Max and a Pixel 3 XL. Powered on the scooters after I had the app downloaded and opened, turned on the phone Bluetooth, the Bluetooth icon was flashing on the scooters before they connected and then stays solid after they connected.
It automatically updated the firmware on all three scooters after connecting.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ot.ninebot

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/segway-ni ... d781148396
By BionicAndroid
Also, another question I have is where I can purchase the additional batteries at a better price than the $230 on Amazon or if there are other options. Thank you everybody for your time! If you have any other questions about getting this thing connected let me know I'll do everything I can to help everyone.
By CodeX
I just purchased a Bird ES1-300 from Sam's Club yesterday. I had to return it today because it came out of the box with a broken bell and it wouldn't charge. I have a new one now and it looks like it is charging.
By CodeX
I downloaded the ninebot app on my Android phone and it sees the my scooter and tries to connect but it's just spinning saying connecting. The scooter even beeps when I select to connect to it on the app. Is there something else that needs to be done?
By Birdie
That is exactly what mine does when I try to connect. A lot of beeping and spinning. So frustrating. It clearly has bluetooth and it seems to connect for some people.....but not for me. Does anyone know if simply switching out the display for a ninebot display will allow it to connect to the app? Thanks for the help!
By Sc00tr
It should, you could also try flashing the dashboard or the ESC over serial to see if that fixes the issue.
Birdie wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:36 am
That is exactly what mine does when I try to connect. A lot of beeping and spinning. So frustrating. It clearly has bluetooth and it seems to connect for some people.....but not for me. Does anyone know if simply switching out the display for a ninebot display will allow it to connect to the app? Thanks for the help!
By cdion
So assuming there is nothing that can be done, if it doesnt connect without doing some soldiering? Really would prefer not messing with the board and bricking a $300+ scooter.

Mine does the same as above, finds it in the app, shows the serial number, but when I click on the serial it just spins and beeps.
By Birdie
Wondering what range everyone else is getting from their birds. Without the external battery I'm getting 6.5 miles and with the battery I'm getting about 13.5. Trying to figure out if this is normal or if I should be returning it. Thanks!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]