An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Zentinel
Thanks, I had no idea. I figured it would work no question. I’ll just review samzones video again but I’ll watch all of it instead of skipping to the parts where he’s wiring it up. I really want this thing to work. I intend to build a middle section with a seat. It’ll resemble an electric motorcycle, but there will be a hole in the middle, with a bungie mesh for storage. It’ll bolt right on to the foot cover, just gotta drill some holes, there’s space.
By Jznmuzak
[Ive got specs for the 590 and any repair advice necessary for fixing the bird one as a former mech, i just dont have the software knowledge to flash the motor controller and current brain using stlink to command the scooter using oem parts.
[/quote]

Its great to have a bird mechanic in the forum, thanks for posting. What are the watts of the OEM controller and why does it run better, than the aftermarket ones?
Also, will the scooter go faster, if i use a 500w controller?

Thanks in advance
[/quote]

Have we heard anything in regards to being able to use a 500w controller or will than eventually burn the motor out? Was looking at purchasing a 36v 1000w controller w/ lcd I have no clue if it will work.
By mayaku
I did a little research and managed it to figure out the ST-Link programming pins of the Bird telematics :D
Notice the Test Point in the middle is not used.
Of course I tried to dump the firmware but this is out of my knowledge XD
Flashing seems possible but i don't have a suitable firmware. Maybe someone can help ^^

BTW here is the hex dump of the motorcontroller:
(23.96 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
By mayaku
Jznmuzak wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:25 pm
[Ive got specs for the 590 and any repair advice necessary for fixing the bird one as a former mech, i just dont have the software knowledge to flash the motor controller and current brain using stlink to command the scooter using oem parts.

Its great to have a bird mechanic in the forum, thanks for posting. What are the watts of the OEM controller and why does it run better, than the aftermarket ones?
Also, will the scooter go faster, if i use a 500w controller?

Thanks in advance

Have we heard anything in regards to being able to use a 500w controller or will than eventually burn the motor out? Was looking at purchasing a 36v 1000w controller w/ lcd I have no clue if it will work.
I'm not sure but with too much current delivered from the ESC I guess the motor would be fried ^^
Only if You are able to adjust the Firmware of the ESC (current limiting) this would be a good idea.
By SrGoblin
My bad, stm32 cube states that this controller is not ran by a ST chip... ? Maybe reading it wrong, but

So far: no initial bits. Value is :0
Sent byte 0x7F successfully, returned 0x7F from target
Then
Error: no stm32 target found

Then got 0x1E98D188 size:1024 bytes address is 0x8000000
Unable to read core data.

Maybe just ST soup, I'm going to bed. This makes for sound sleep, slmetjmes.laters
]
By mayaku
Unfortunately You won't be able to read out the firmware. But you can flash Your own if you have one :D
I am using ST-Link instead of the CubeMX.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]