An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Risitas98
Hello !
I recently acquired a bird zero that was left abandoned because bird left my city permanently. I tried to unlock it with this code :
Code: Select all
#include <Arduino.h>

int powerPin = 5;
byte messageA[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x10, 0x14, 0xCF}; // BLANK CODE?
byte messageB[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x01, 0x14, 0xE7}; // ESC ON & MPH
byte messageC[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0X05, 0x14, 0xDC}; // LIGHT ON & ESC ON & MPH

void setup() {
// initialize Serial1:
Serial.begin(9600);

pinMode(powerPin, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(powerPin, HIGH);

Serial.write(messageA, sizeof(messageC));
delay(500);
Serial.write(messageB, sizeof(messageB));

}

void loop() {
delay(500);
Serial.write(messageC, sizeof(messageC));
}
The scooter unlocks and work without problem but after 1min the scooter stop and blink. I can't unlock it without unplugging and plugging the arduino into the iot port. But again, work only for 1 min then blink and lock. This is probably due to a missing byte in the code that keep alive the scooter after the arduino send unlock command. Can someone give me the byte to unlock the scooter if known ? Or sniff a live bird scooter to aquiere the missing command ? I can't do it by myself since bird is missing in my city now. If someone know how I can unlock bird zero, i will update the code below. Thank you a lot in advance ! ;)
By Gothicgeek502
Risitas98 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:14 am
Hello !
I recently acquired a bird zero that was left abandoned because bird left my city permanently. I tried to unlock it with this code :
Code: Select all
#include <Arduino.h>

int powerPin = 5;
byte messageA[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x10, 0x14, 0xCF}; // BLANK CODE?
byte messageB[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0x01, 0x14, 0xE7}; // ESC ON & MPH
byte messageC[] = {0xA6, 0x12, 0x02, 0X05, 0x14, 0xDC}; // LIGHT ON & ESC ON & MPH

void setup() {
// initialize Serial1:
Serial.begin(9600);

pinMode(powerPin, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(powerPin, HIGH);

Serial.write(messageA, sizeof(messageC));
delay(500);
Serial.write(messageB, sizeof(messageB));

}

void loop() {
delay(500);
Serial.write(messageC, sizeof(messageC));
}
The scooter unlocks and work without problem but after 1min the scooter stop and blink. I can't unlock it without unplugging and plugging the arduino into the iot port. But again, work only for 1 min then blink and lock. This is probably due to a missing byte in the code that keep alive the scooter after the arduino send unlock command. Can someone give me the byte to unlock the scooter if known ? Or sniff a live bird scooter to aquiere the missing command ? I can't do it by myself since bird is missing in my city now. If someone know how I can unlock bird zero, i will update the code below. Thank you a lot in advance ! ;)
Buy an aftermarket motor controller

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]