An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Making money in the scooter game.
SKIPzophrenic wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:24 pm
@Darcness777 https://splice.gopro.com/v?id=dopaor
The way you organize your chargers is a nice setup. I've been just laying them on the floor of my garage and they quickly get all tangled and annoying. You've inspired me to get organized and go buy some bungy cords!

How many scooters can you fit in there? Do you worry about having to many scooters plugged in and causing a fire?
@Darcness777 i try not to worry, it's a huge house but most of its been emptied at this point so I know there's not much strain on the power. Plus it's all in the garage which is not well insulated so it's basically freezing cold. We also don't have any smoke detectors installed. There's a risk another one of the gigantic trees in our backyard will fall on us while we're sleeping, so a scooter fire is not high on my list of concerns, plus I don't do lime anymore so I don't need to worry about "smoldering batteries". I had to play around with the plug setup cuz I was tripping the breaker, but now everything is good. I have 33 chargers setup, but you can always start to stack scooters on top of rows of scooters and do a second level of charging. I had considered building vertical charging stations to reduce footprint. I have room for about 300 scooters inside. No way I can get that many at once.
Nice charger set up! Stacking scooters is clever yet simple. There have been so many times my garage has been full resulting in me tripping over them. I never thought of going vertical. :lol:

Glad to see you picked up a go pro. Looking forward to seeing you unload that Prius!
SKIPzophrenic wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:25 am
@dpowell7299
I've been wondering this myself. I've only done charging, but I tend to earn upwards of $60/hr. What are mechanics averaging in earnings? I like the idea of being able to do field repairs and not necessarily needing a place to house the scooter. Wednesday night I made $445 on 45 scooters. Last night I made $245 on 34, spent 3 hours last night collecting.
Wow! Right on! I live near a college and at first I thought it'll be easy but the scooters are in dorms and locked up. I'm thinking of going the route of a mechanic also.
@Silver bird charging started out slow for me but after a few weeks I started to get the hang of it. The key for me was finding locations where I was consistently capturing finding scooters then going there each night. I now have a route that I start around 8:30 and able to get 10+ scooters a night by 10pm.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]