An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Share your stories and adventures, good or bad.
By guisar
Recently signed up to be a mechanic and out looking for damaged Birds when I was led to this. This was at 3pm on a Friday and seemed very out of place Having trouble figuring out what is going on here. I was only able to capture one of the Birds despite several of them having flat tires :roll: . Another one showed up on the rider map but nothing for the others. Bird took away my charger view so I guess they were on there? If so that would have been a sweet clean up for one lucky charger.

By atlblaze
Bizarre -- 9 all lined up and 3 behind. I believe the largest nest Bird supports is 4. So this does not seem to be a bird sanctioned placement. Unless someone else decided to line them up like that, instead of leaving them strewn about. That's an improvement I guess, but odd.

Where was this? If Atlanta implements the regulations it's discussing, this would break the law here.... no more than 10 dockless vehicles are allowed on any city block under them, among other restrictions (still pending approval though).
By guisar
This was in Atlanta, right near Krog Street Market. The oddest thing to me is all the Birds were lined up so neatly. Majority of chargers wouldn’t have taken the time to do this. I was thinking this was Bird dropping off a bunch of fixed Birds but a lot of them had flat tires. Maybe Bird only fixed the Bird’s brain? I’m stumped on this one.

Didn’t realize Atlanta was limiting the number of dockless vehicles per block. I’ll have to track down an article on this.
By FIXER
Mechanics can drop off Birds wherever they please. They do not have to leave them at a nest.

Most likely what happened was that a mechanic had fixed all of these Birds and was just dropping them off at the end of the day.
By guisar
Oh, that makes sense. I haven't been a mechanic for long and have been dropping off fixed Birds at nests like a fool. :lol:
By Kris607
I saw something similar yesterday afternoon as a charger in San Diego. There was a large group of about 20 birds with $5 bounties that all said 0% battery in my app. I thought they were likely not there because of the density, but tried anyway. When I arrived I saw about 10 birds in a row on either side of the street and they were placed perfectly very similar to that pic. I walked over and attempted to scan one and it let me capture it. I continued down the line and was able to capture 14 birds in one go. I would’ve gotten more but my that’s the max for my car. Also, none of the batteries were dead, they were all around 70-80%. And the birds all looked almost brand new. Still had the plastic covers on the screen display and they were very clean.

Still not sure what happened, but I cleaned up. Took me 30 minutes to drive there ,capture them, and take them back home to charge. I finally got to sleep the night without waking up to plug in birds. :D
By Rocksta87
Sounds like this is Bird's way of releasing new scooters instead of dropping them off at nests. I thought I was lucky when I found 6 birds together. Couldn't imagine finding more than I could take.
By Spree1985
When I set my BIRDS up I did with pride and tried to space them evenly and according to guidelines, it sounds cheesy but taking the extra time to make them look professional is key . I noticed the L scoots looked all crappy and unorganized fallen over, jammed together. The B look so much more sturdy and safe.
By druinthor
I’m with you @Spree1985 . a nest of Birds that are all lined up look really sharp. I can see why people prefer to ride these. They look bad *ss!
By Birdhouseinspect
Since I started with Bird I cleaned up several nests that were untidy or had knocked down Birds in the nest.
NOW I HAVE BEEN TERMINATED FOR MOVING BIRDS. DON't clean up nests if you want to continue to be a Charger! I was shocked I'm a 72yo grandmother of 10.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]