An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
By CDogg
48v Budget Max SNSC (No additional items purchased beyond what I had in my workshop)
Finally got my 48v mod going on a SNSC conversion. I used recovered ES4 batteries and have extra to spare. First battery pack I used was a small 4 cell I added in series to the main. The main battery got the BMS bypass on ground which automagically makes it a 40v battery. With the added 4pack the multimeter reads at 49v on a full charge. Time to bench test...

My dash readout says I'm doing 23mph full throttle. Is this due to the Gen1 motor?

Also, to your point about charging the extra pack- I just so happen to have a Segway miniPro and that charges at 59v. I'm contemplating using it to charge the entire pack at once.. any objections to this or situations I'm overlooking?

Thanks for the inspiration for this mod btw.. 8cel pack update tomorrow. Hopefully with Pics.
By rem
I have some questions about how to connect the extra 12v pack. Can I just connect the regular battery and the extra battery with a twin connector to the controller? Or do I need to have somthing more there?
By JonDon
CDogg wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:29 am
My dash readout says I'm doing 23mph full throttle. Is this due to the Gen1 motor?
About the normal speed for 13s setup with Gen1 motor. Make sure you tire pressure is 3.5 bar + otherwise you will use a bit top speed.
CDogg wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:29 am
Also, to your point about charging the extra pack- I just so happen to have a Segway miniPro and that charges at 59v. I'm contemplating using it to charge the entire pack at once.. any objections to this or situations I'm overlooking?
I wouldn't suggest that. You are bypassing the BMS and the two packs have a different capacity.
By JonDon
rem wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:16 am
I have some questions about how to connect the extra 12v pack. Can I just connect the regular battery and the extra battery with a twin connector to the controller? Or do I need to have somthing more there?
Just connect them with a cable adapter in series. But you need to a activate "Level 3 - Do not raise errors/Stealth mode" under Advanced in the ScooterHacking Toolkit for Ninebot Max G30 firmware.
By Sc00tr
FYI, level 2 is now suitable for this and should be used. It allows other non battery related errors to still be shown.
JonDon wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:52 am
rem wrote:
Just connect them with a cable adapter in series. But you need to a activate "Level 3 - Do not raise errors/Stealth mode" under Advanced in the ScooterHacking Toolkit for Ninebot Max G30 firmware.
By rem
JonDon wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:52 am
rem wrote:
Is this how its done?
And connect directly from 12v battery bypass bms. Just use the bms to charge?
By rem
JonDon wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:28 pm
rem wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:41 am
Is this how its done?
And connect directly from 12v battery bypass bms. Just use the bms to charge?
Correct!
Thank you! Seeing forward geting all the parts to built this. :) will update when its done.
By dcaird1234
Hello all,

I built a 4s6p Pack it puts out 16.57 volts charged 52-54v and the max I can get is 20 MPH. It goes to 20 and stops increasing. Is it the Firmware?

Thank you

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]