An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Birdmanjr
Ordered one of the plug and play kits and just got back from taking it out for a spin. I'm 180 and it topped out at 16mph. I had my girl following me on a maxed out Es1 as a speedometer lol.
All in all its very stable in comparison and I was grinning the entire time. We did a race on a empty bike path on the way back and she blew past me at 22 mph. Now to make it faster :D
By Birdmanjr
The brainpower controller that comes with the plug and play kit is rated for 350 watts. It already comes with all the bird connectors installed for the battery, motor, throttle and brake. Also included is a simple led display that has a button for the lights. Only thing you have to do is add the connector from the original controller for the brake lights and tie in the step down converter (purchased separately) for the headlights. The seller is very informed and willing to answer questions when he's available. Going this route saved me alot of stress as I'm not electrically trained and made it a pretty straight process to get my bird one on the move. Of course a hack for the oem brain and controller would be preferred but at least now I can ride the scooter that I was only able to stare at lol.
Also, shipping was very fast and the controller came as expected. Thanks!
By SuperNova
I have installed 500w 36v controller and the battery BMS cuts the power, so i had to bypass it. The controller it self is huge in dimention and i had to remove the plastic mud guard on the inside and cut some of the plastic of the battery. I managed to fit it barely. The scooter is defenetly stronger, it pulls harded from the start and goes much faster on up hills. The max speed is just a little bit higher, around 3mph more.
By Birdmanjr
Quick question. When I ride my headlight is much dimmer than it is when I'm just testing it. I have the buck converter pushing 6.54 volts to the light but I don't exactly know how to use a multimeter to measure the current. Any ideas why this might be happening?

*It was a bad stepdown converter. Swapped it out with one of the other two it shipped with and everything is fine
By Sktrmkgvn
:P :P :P
samzone wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:48 pm
Bentobox wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:23 pm
samzone wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:27 am
so finally today i make the bird one run after a lot of frustration
hello you can show us the diagram
well dont think that is going to be a nasa space ship repair is very simple what i did was buy a universal dashboard and controller put it and thats all because i was try to use the original controller but was impossible but so far is driving good is making 28mph so is not bad and the battery is holding very good but you know what today i decide to open the controller and i was not able to open it because the put glue inside the casing and all the electronic board was deep in gray silicon or some sh*t like that but do remove the silicon and looks like they can be reflash have the same connection like the es4 dash board so maybe i try to reflash it
Hey Samzone, i finally got mine running but only at 15mph not 28. Did you bypass battrry? Im nervous about doing so but will watch your video again thank you. :D
By nanipoonani
mayaku wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:25 pm
I did a little research and managed it to figure out the ST-Link programming pins of the Bird telematics :D
Notice the Test Point in the middle is not used.
Of course I tried to dump the firmware but this is out of my knowledge XD
Flashing seems possible but i don't have a suitable firmware. Maybe someone can help ^^

BTW here is the hex dump of the motorcontroller:
Bird Motor Controller Readout.zip

Could the Test Point in the middle be the to upload the firmware?

How to upload the firmware to the controller: https://www.lsdzs.com/prodownload/

This Reddit post a controller from the same manufacturer nanjing Lishui: https://www.reddit.com/r/ebikes/comment ... xgf140207/

Software to prepare the file: https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbuck ... W-675.html

By nanipoonani
my scooter works fine but randomly the screen turns off and does not turn on again. im not sure where the problem is should i bypass bms or is this not needed for a 36v 350w controller?
when i try to turn it back on the light behind the buttons just flash and turn off:
https://youtu.be/hwGgQsl_Cyk

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]