An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Brains of the e-scooter. Topics covering controllers, throttles, etc in this section.
By HelgeG
miloniko wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:10 am

On weekend my goal is to disassemble the whole scooter, to check what wires, plugs (julet), goes through the scooter. Maybe I can understand then, what wire does what.
The "easiest" way from my point of view, would be, to "flash" the system to original firmware, so the basic functionality works only, without GPS and SIM Card. Do ýou have some ideas?

KR
I had my hands also on two old Circ scooters. Inside the IoT Box is a nRF51802 SoC that seems to be "The Brain".

The IoT Box communicates via RS485 with the BMS and ESC. I did some Pythoncode to readout the actual speed and driven meters. I wasnt (now) able to unlock the Scooter via RS485 but in theory with the captured logs of the unlocking process and the RS485 USB Interface, finding the unlocking procedure should be possible.

Ill try to get some time this week to search and document my results, maybe we can hack this old scooter a bit :)
By miloniko
HelgeG wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:01 am
miloniko wrote:

On weekend my goal is to disassemble the whole scooter, to check what wires, plugs (julet), goes through the scooter. Maybe I can understand then, what wire does what.
The "easiest" way from my point of view, would be, to "flash" the system to original firmware, so the basic functionality works only, without GPS and SIM Card. Do ýou have some ideas?

KR
I had my hands also on two old Circ scooters. Inside the IoT Box is a nRF51802 SoC that seems to be "The Brain".

The IoT Box communicates via RS485 with the BMS and ESC. I did some Pythoncode to readout the actual speed and driven meters. I wasnt (now) able to unlock the Scooter via RS485 but in theory with the captured logs of the unlocking process and the RS485 USB Interface, finding the unlocking procedure should be possible.

Ill try to get some time this week to search and document my results, maybe we can hack this old scooter a bit :)
Hi!
I am also trying to read out data via bluetooth with success, but still not get unlocked by my own, only with an app. Should be possible in the future.

I got some data, better say an array of data, but it is hard to interpret what information meens what - can you help me reading out the speed and driven meters? What value is that in the byteArray? Or how does the data look like after your reading out?

KR
Milo
By MJPVDH
Hello, I am new here.

I have recently acquired a Circ V2 step e-scooter.

Is there anyone who has already upgraded this model? Or got the sim card working so you can put your own sim card in it?

I would like to hear it.

Greetings Martin
By rimidalv
HelgeG wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:01 am
miloniko wrote:

KR

Any news?
By soadzoor
miloniko wrote:
m0rtyr wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:38 pm
I also have a few of this scooters, would you be able to share the app? My approach would be to bypass it, I think its possible.

Meanwhile be careful because Circ had to stop ops because a fork problem
ok, thanks for info, I did not know that! I will check the current state of the fork.
Regarding the app: I am sorry, I can only take screenshot of the app, the username and password I got from my seller. It would be interesting to find out, where the url service go out, on what server, but anyway, my goal is to remove the IOT and make it for personal use, but really, I read so much about, debugging, serial data, arduino, tx - rx, and so on and so on... My Problem is, I do not know exactly how to find out, what wire should be soldered from scooter to arduino and vica versa.

KR
I have successfully decompiled this app, and I can assure you that the username and password don't go out to any server, they're only checked within the app. I've tried it without internet connection (just to be sure) and it works fine. I'm working on a new app by the way ;)

Cheers
By soadzoor
For anyone interested:
I've created an app with basic functionalities for this scooter. Only bluetooth is needed, it doesn't use any kind of server/internet communication, no login, etc.

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... kontroller

iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kontrolle ... 1593955859

Let me know if you have any questions / suggestions. Happy testing!
soadzoor wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:44 am
For anyone interested:
I've created an app with basic functionalities for this scooter. Only bluetooth is needed, it doesn't use any kind of server/internet communication, no login, etc.

Android:

iOS:

You sir are my personal hero. It works good so far!!! I'll post when I find any errors.
Thx mate!
soadzoor wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:44 am
For anyone interested:

Android:

iOS:

Cool news!
Is it gonna work without the simcard in the scooters BLE board?
Corona_Myth wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:28 pm
Cool news!
Is it gonna work without the simcard in the scooters BLE board?
Yes, it works without sim card.

I tested both of the apps android and ios. It seems like the android app has a little bit more funktions but the unlocking is working with both of them
FreakerB wrote: Yes, it works without sim card.

I tested both of the apps android and ios. It seems like the android app has a little bit more funktions but the unlocking is working with both of them
Great! I have my Circ BLE board in the box and original ESC controller for few years in the box collecting dust :) hope i will make it run. I use another chinese (not foc) controller. Is it possible in case my BLE board broken, to get your help guys on commands to activate just FOC controller itself by uart(rs485 ) ? And maybe battery health monitor uart commands. Thanks a lot if possible.

P.s. I see also on BLE board pins for STLink are marked. Its cool bluetooth chip which is Arduino compatable as well. Maybe in future is also interesting to expand posibilities.

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]