An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
mayaku wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:07 pm
Unfortunately my ST-Link V2 gives me an error when I try to flash the motorcontroller:

20:00:04 : Can not connect to target!
Please select "Connect Under Reset" mode from Target->Settings menu and try again.
If you're trying to connect to a low frequency application , please select a lower SWD Frequency mode from Target->Settings menu.
20:00:05 : No target connected

I tried everything but with no success.

But i can confirm that the magnet switch is present in the german version, too ^^

EDIT:
My ST-Link V2 works and I updated everything, but I guess I found the problem:

It's a CMOS Operational Amplifier which is broken for sure.
When I connect the motorcontroller to both, battery and charger the red LED starts flashing 7 times.

Hi mayaku

How did you figure it out? I still can not connect and have the same message.

Thanks
FrogmanMJ wrote:
mayaku wrote:
Unfortunately my ST-Link V2 gives me an error when I try to flash the motorcontroller:

Please select "Connect Under Reset" mode from Target->Settings menu and try again.
If you're trying to connect to a low frequency application , please select a lower SWD Frequency mode from Target->Settings menu.

But i can confirm that the magnet switch is present in the german version, too ^^

EDIT:

When I connect the motorcontroller to both, battery and charger the red LED starts flashing 7 times.

Hi mayaku

Thanks
I had a similar problem with a different project and remembered that there is a NRST pin (7) on the SM32 which you "just" have to put to ground, plug the power in and try to connect while you remove ground from NRST pin ;-)
Every controller i had till now (almost 15 :lol: ) needed this procedure.
gtramt1 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 2:02 pm
I think greenbox is there only to communicate between esc and display &throttle and to send logic command to esc to unlock/lock

I am pretty much sure because I have (had) working old gen 3. The thing is I put lock switch on negative battery wire and someday after lock unlock sequence (by my mistake in between a second) I probably made huge spike which probably burned green box - now my scooter works only for a 30 second then throttle becomes unresponsive, display is only blinking “00”, and red light under display…

Now i ordered new esc with throttle and display from China…
No, the IOT box is for unlocking the motor controller and displaying the state of charge and speed :)
Throttle and break, front- and back-light are connected directly to the motor controller. (I took the splitter-cable from the controller apart to check the connections :D )
mayaku wrote:
I had a similar problem with a different project and remembered that there is a NRST pin (7) on the SM32 which you "just" have to put to ground, plug the power in and try to connect while you remove ground from NRST pin ;-)
Hi mayaku

Thanks a lot. Many times :) It worked like a charm. I just took another cable from ST-Link V2 (ground) and touch that Pin 7 on the controller and it resets. I was able to put that new firmware and drive :)

Thanks
mayaku wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:23 am
FrogmanMJ wrote:
mayaku wrote:

EDIT:

Hi mayaku

Thanks
Sounds freakin awesome :D
Can you upload an image where to find the Pin 7? On which side of the Chip? :)

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]