An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By Jevako030
dijkie wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:40 am
yellow/black gives about the battery voltage.
but it is limited in current, the lighting is LED, these need a current source.
as protection i now installed a LED driver for 350mA.

in my controller you cannot set the current.
the motor can deliver 200W, with 36V that is about 6 Amps

Hall sensors should work, at least the controller gives the correct speed in the display when driving.
i haven't taken the motor apart, only opened it to count the magnets.
I also have a driver between 5 modes, the light can also blink.

The LED in the steering wheel is RGB and I have connected it to a mini RGB control and now it constantly changes color.
I'm going to confirm the touch button in the original display and from there I turn everything on or off. I hope because I'm still testing it.
For the battery eject I have attached an up and down switch and can thus electrically remove the battery
By Capmkev
I’ve been following dijkie’s instructions on how to get this scooter to work again. I’ve used all the same parts and methods. My scooter works… but the rear wheel is spinning in reverse. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help is appreciated!
By FlapjackStaxx
I cant seem to get my battery to release, tried 5v, 9v and 12v on the red and ground to black on the blue connector on the stem of the scooter, I heard a click but it never released. Any suggestions?

Edit: Got it. 2in Hole saw and some small allen wrenches took care of it!
By Capmkev
What settings are you guys using for the controller? (Amps, magnetic disks, battery voltage, low battery safety, etc)

When I push the throttle lever all the way down rapidly, the motor makes a grinding noise and shuts off all power to the motor. It seems as if it’s either not getting enough power or there is a safety mechanism to prevent too much torque.

I have the phase and hall wires set up exactly like the others in the forum but still have the same issue.
By dijkie
and if you gently advance the throttle ?
mine makes grinding noise also when starting in 2nd gear, but when gently advancing you can go flat out within 10m.
the 1000W controller tries to put too much power into the motor, controller might see the motor windings as shortcut and runs into protection mode, cutting the power.
try gently...

@Capmkev : connect auto learn wires again, power on, motor should go turning in correct direction, power off, disconnect auto learn wires, done.
By Capmkev
Interesting! That is exactly what mine sounds like. If I accelerate gently, then there is no grinding sound.

Is there a way around this?

Thank you for the reverse tip, that worked perfectly!
By FlapjackStaxx
I got mine going but I think my 350w controller is struggling. Makes a dreadful groaning noise and has relatively no torque going up hill. Kinda disappointing to be honest. Any tips to give this a little extra oomph? I think my controller says it tops at 13A :/
By Capmkev
FlapjackStaxx wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:59 pm
I got mine going but I think my 350w controller is struggling. Makes a dreadful groaning noise and has relatively no torque going up hill. Kinda disappointing to be honest. Any tips to give this a little extra oomph? I think my controller says it tops at 13A :/

Mine does the same with a 1000w controller and I’m not sure what to do. I’ve tried messing with all the settings on the controller as well as the phasing but there is no change.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]