An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By Jevako030
bennyzero wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:23 am
Bonjour,

Je cherche un tuto complet (pas a pas) pour changer le contrôleur de la trottinette Lime gen 4.
Quelqu'un pourrait m'aider ?
Je vous remercie par avance.

Google Translate:
Hello,

I am looking for a complete tutorial (step by step) to change the controller of the Lime gen 4 scooter.
Could someone help me?
I thank you in advance.
That is not possible at the moment due to canbus codes
By Jevako030
FlapjackStaxx wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:29 pm
onlyindadescooters wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:02 pm
installing hall sensors is not going to change anything on the Electric motor . That motor was designed to work like that it for a rental scooter
That's not 100% correct. With the stock computer yes there would be no change... but if the computer is looking for hall sensors and you add them, the motor is no different than one that comes with hall sensors to begin with. There will be a HUGE difference getting moving from stand still
I'm just gonna try it, we'll see.
By Mobibilis
FlapjackStaxx wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:13 pm
Are those not quite expensive for a decent one? The hall sensors are cheeeeap
Well, not really usefull to get FOC ESC, but sensorless would be the good choice.
KT controllers or S06S, available for open source firmware, square wave ZWSxxx, or sinus wave, thre's only two models.
FOC system only compatible with sinus.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... f150eb4138
By Mobibilis
bennyzero wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:23 am
Bonjour,

Je cherche un tuto complet (pas a pas) pour changer le contrôleur de la trottinette Lime gen 4.
Quelqu'un pourrait m'aider ?
Je vous remercie par avance.

Ah oui, pas bcq de place, faudrait mettre le VESC genre Flipsky.
Fait déjà enlever les vis du côté, pour dégager le couvercle.
By SicilianBoy
Are these new 14s 52v batteries found on scooters or just bikes? Can someone post a picture with the new bigger battery on a scooter or whatever source it's on? Thanks!
By limaiem
Hi guys
I picked up an abandoned battery in the street.
It is a Gen4 battery. It is was not in a good state (the aluminum case is broken ...). As expected, it is locked as stated by other members.
I managed to open it took me 3 hours ...
it seems that the cells are in good stat (48v measured).
to summaries there are 3 options
1) bypass the BMS for the loading with its associated risks -> easy to implement solution
2) change the BMS, it is not that easy but feasible
3) crack the code to unlock it from the CAN BUS

now after analyzing the BMS and its components I am thinking about 2 other options
4) identifying the component that physically cuts current and bypass it physically (put the right logic on its ports) - need sometime to do it ...
5) reprogramming the STM controller. I am used to program the STM ships and I have identified the communication ports of the ship. The idea again is to send the right logic to unlock the component that physically cuts current and take the measurements information from the measurement ship and reuse the CAN BUS to send back the battery data ... to do this I will need to scan the I2C chips and find the libs to them (if they are open source ...).

have someone tested options 4 and 5 ? I saw a video if someone applying the option 4 on another BMS locked battery.

No I am starting by soldering the communication ports of the STM to start sniffing some data from it if there is some ...

regards.
By Jevako030
limaiem wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:02 am
Hi guys
I picked up an abandoned battery in the street.
It is a Gen4 battery. It is was not in a good state (the aluminum case is broken ...). As expected, it is locked as stated by other members.
I managed to open it took me 3 hours ...
it seems that the cells are in good stat (48v measured).
to summaries there are 3 options
1) bypass the BMS for the loading with its associated risks -> easy to implement solution
2) change the BMS, it is not that easy but feasible
3) crack the code to unlock it from the CAN BUS

now after analyzing the BMS and its components I am thinking about 2 other options
4) identifying the component that physically cuts current and bypass it physically (put the right logic on its ports) - need sometime to do it ...
5) reprogramming the STM controller. I am used to program the STM ships and I have identified the communication ports of the ship. The idea again is to send the right logic to unlock the component that physically cuts current and take the measurements information from the measurement ship and reuse the CAN BUS to send back the battery data ... to do this I will need to scan the I2C chips and find the libs to them (if they are open source ...).

have someone tested options 4 and 5 ? I saw a video if someone applying the option 4 on another BMS locked battery.

No I am starting by soldering the communication ports of the STM to start sniffing some data from it if there is some ...

Hi, I hope it works for you, I'm curious. Let us know the results if you want.

regards.
By Jevako030

Hall sensors mounted (3 x SS41F)

:D The result is great :D

No more rattles when accelerating, tested on slopes and even with 2 people it runs like a charm.
The loud hum and vibrations are 100% gone and about 80% less noise. The motor runs much easier and therefore the battery lasts much longer.

Assembly is very easy and the cost was next to nothing. I used the Hall sensor 41 F which I thought were the right ones but probably the Hall sensor 413 would also be very suitable.

I recommend everyone to do this because it is a huge improvement for really nice driving pleasure. It was a gamble but it worked out and I am very happy with it :D

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]