An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By xPytex
I understand the box top birds have a cellular gps within it, so bedsides from that, is there a secondary tracking unit? Also regarding the ninebot birds with the speedometer heads, where is the tracking unit within that model?
I always hear about board flashing on the xiaomi M365, is it possible to flash the es1-4 non-box top models to increase speed or performance as well? Or is it just those? The ninebot app is telling me to update my board swapped ES4 but I’ve heard a decrease in performance/speed and whatnot.
Any light shed on these topics is greatly appreciated :D
By James007
xPytex wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:49 am
I understand the box top birds have a cellular gps within it, so bedsides from that, is there a secondary tracking unit? Also regarding the ninebot birds with the speedometer heads, where is the tracking unit within that model?
I always hear about board flashing on the xiaomi M365, is it possible to flash the es1-4 non-box top models to increase speed or performance as well? Or is it just those? The ninebot app is telling me to update my board swapped ES4 but I’ve heard a decrease in performance/speed and whatnot.
I have not seen any bird with a secondary tracker. My area doesn't have the ninebots with speedos, I'm guessing it either has an external box on the pole or most likely in the floor board, like other shared ninebots.
By David McMurran
xPytex wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:49 am
I was just scrolling through this. The old Segway Ninebot's with the Screen (picture below) don't have any GPS Trackers except your phone connecting to the Scooter over Bluetooth and making it appear at the location your phone is at. The Newer Segway Birdsonly have the one GPS Tracker at the top.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]