An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
tokala wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:15 am
Hello everyone

I thought I would share what I’ve found on the Lime GPS/Cellular module so far. I was given two Lime front green boxes to play with.

The green box contains two boards, the larger board contains the main processor, Bluetooth module, GPS module and voltage regulators. The smaller board looks like it is simply a voltage regulator, dropping the battery voltage down to 5V.

The main chip on the SLT181 board is a MeiG Smart SLM750 LTE (cellular) chip with UART (Serial), USB 2.0, Bluetooth HCI and I2C interfaces. The CPU is a Qualcomm ARMv7 and is running a Linux 3.18 Ubuntu kernel.

[ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0
[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
[ 0.000000] Linux version 3.18.20 (xiaoqinqin@ubuntu-241) (gcc version 4.9.2 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 16 17:16:19 CST 2018
[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fc075] revision 5 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7d
[ 0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
[ 0.000000] Machine model: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. MDM 9607 MTP
[ 0.000000] Early serial console at I/O port 0x0 (options '')
[ 0.000000] bootconsole [uart0] enabled
[ 0.000000] Memory: 148036K/257024K available (8204K kernel code, 1096K rwdata, 3668K rodata, 348K init, 1156K bss, 108988K reserved)

The board also contains a SIM card on the bottom. The SIM is from Twilio who offer a “super sim” which can be used internationally to send data via SMS or Mobile data.

https://www.twilio.com/wireless/super-sim

I powered the board with a USB to Serial converter connected to the serial pins of the plug. I have included the pinouts that I know so far.
The issue I have is that the chip boots until I get “Error code 303e at boot_flash_dev_nand.c Line 571”
The chip has NAND flash on board so I’m not sure if the error is referring to the on-chip NAND or if it is trying to contact storage elsewhere on the same or another board?

If I drop the Serial TX to earth for 2 seconds at boot, I can put the SLM750 into a programming mode and get an almost full boot. If I earth out Serial TX for 5 second-ish, I get a different boot sequence but both end with a kernel panic and a reboot back to the error code 303e.

The links below are to Pastebin showing the default boot, the 2 second earth and the 5 second earth.

Default boot: https://pastebin.com/PiV3xiGS
2 second earth: https://pastebin.com/eCA5VPx8
5-ish second earth: https://pastebin.com/ed85ceeQ

This is the pinouts of the main plug on the main board.

If anyone has anything to help me get the chip to fully boot I would like to hear from you.
Just to clarify, this is the GPS board from the green box from the front of a Lime.

MikeManson wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:55 am
он же тебе говорит не про материнскую плату, а про лаймовский gps, которые висит на шеринговых самокатах, там как раз так
Bird Ninebot has a single board with everything on it- GPS, modem, throttle and headlight controllers.

humanbeing21 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:30 pm
After feeling disappointed with the difficulty level to convert Bird's first generation scooter, the Xiaomi MIJIA M365, to a personal scooter I've started to look for a new project. You can check out the Xiaomi MIJIA M365 project here.

My sites are now focused on seeing if I can do the same thing with Bird's second generation scooter, the Segway Ninebot. The expectation is things will be more difficult this time around since both Lime and Bird have the same scooter model in their fleet. I'll be attempting to convert both companies scooters to function independently from the Bird or Lime platform.

I've gone to eBay for sourcing the OEM parts from China. Unfortunately, I'll be waiting until late December or even January for them to show up. :roll:

Here are the parts I purchased and will keep this thread updated with my progress.

Dashboard Circuit Board For Ninebot ES2 Foldable
Control Board For Ninebot Segway ES2 ES4 ES1 Foldable Scooter

Bird & Lime Model This Works With
Segeay Ninebot

Note from the Admin:
Interested in purchasing a scooter? Check out these posts.

Hello friends, I found some time ago I found a street resident with a Scooters, he ended up giving me this Scooters I got in contact with the company to come pick up at my house and no one appeared the company is in another city because some months and so far nothing, wanted to know for me to make them work what they need to do? change what boards? (electric scooters look like that of VoIP brand)
tokala wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:15 am
Hello everyone

I thought I would share what I’ve found on the Lime GPS/Cellular module so far. I was given two Lime front green boxes to play with.

The green box contains two boards, the larger board contains the main processor, Bluetooth module, GPS module and voltage regulators. The smaller board looks like it is simply a voltage regulator, dropping the battery voltage down to 5V.

The main chip on the SLT181 board is a MeiG Smart SLM750 LTE (cellular) chip with UART (Serial), USB 2.0, Bluetooth HCI and I2C interfaces. The CPU is a Qualcomm ARMv7 and is running a Linux 3.18 Ubuntu kernel.

[ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0
[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
[ 0.000000] Linux version 3.18.20 (xiaoqinqin@ubuntu-241) (gcc version 4.9.2 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 16 17:16:19 CST 2018
[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fc075] revision 5 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7d
[ 0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
[ 0.000000] Machine model: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. MDM 9607 MTP
[ 0.000000] Early serial console at I/O port 0x0 (options '')
[ 0.000000] bootconsole [uart0] enabled
[ 0.000000] Memory: 148036K/257024K available (8204K kernel code, 1096K rwdata, 3668K rodata, 348K init, 1156K bss, 108988K reserved)

The board also contains a SIM card on the bottom. The SIM is from Twilio who offer a “super sim” which can be used internationally to send data via SMS or Mobile data.

https://www.twilio.com/wireless/super-sim

I powered the board with a USB to Serial converter connected to the serial pins of the plug. I have included the pinouts that I know so far.
The issue I have is that the chip boots until I get “Error code 303e at boot_flash_dev_nand.c Line 571”
The chip has NAND flash on board so I’m not sure if the error is referring to the on-chip NAND or if it is trying to contact storage elsewhere on the same or another board?

If I drop the Serial TX to earth for 2 seconds at boot, I can put the SLM750 into a programming mode and get an almost full boot. If I earth out Serial TX for 5 second-ish, I get a different boot sequence but both end with a kernel panic and a reboot back to the error code 303e.

The links below are to Pastebin showing the default boot, the 2 second earth and the 5 second earth.

Default boot: https://pastebin.com/PiV3xiGS
2 second earth: https://pastebin.com/eCA5VPx8
5-ish second earth: https://pastebin.com/ed85ceeQ

This is the pinouts of the main plug on the main board.

If anyone has anything to help me get the chip to fully boot I would like to hear from you.
ive sent you a PM
Hi..I think all that your going to need is the Dashboard. I came across a partially striped and damaged bird ES2. I took it apart further, and looks like you end up tossing the molex connection that went to the GPS board.  At that point looking at dashboard pics online it's all plug-n-play. The dashboard that I saw on eBay has 4 connections. Individual molex connections are to the brake, throttle, and light. With the final one being the blue 4pin connection to the base. I am really thankful to the great PCB Assembly and design of this scooter, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible for me to identify the components and their connections.
Last edited by TeraWales on Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]